Krako”w’alking- jeden

They say the best way to explore a place is on foot. It's an interesting experience. You set out with a bunch of expectations or no expectations and then the place surprises you. It opens you up to things. 

Krakow in Poland is quite a place. It's got history, natural beauty, vibrant multicultural populace. Quite an amalgam one would say and yet I felt it is still steeped in it's past. It holds significance in history from the world war days and that hangover lingers in it's tourist spots, architecture. Yet it wants to embrace the 21st century in a hurry. 

I step out when I can to explore this beautiful place. Each time I find something new. 

The first place to catch my attention was the father Bernatek footbridge or the bridge of locks which connects the Kazimierz and Podgorze. It was interesting to find a bridge built exclusively for pedestrians and people love it. There are always a group of people stepping over it, especially at night when the bridge is lit up in colors. There are locks on the bridge put up by lovers to lock each other up for eternity (wonder what happens when they break up). Then the installations hanging throughout the bridge with people in different positions of breathtaking feats. I hope they were not put up to inspire people to try such things on the bridge. 

As I moved into Kazimierz which is a jewish area, I could feel a change of ambience. It’s a tourist attraction with synagogues, shops with names in hebrew, a cemetery. However the place also has a party vibe to it now. 

That ends this account of my walks through this beautiful city.

Comments